ZeLIG School for Documentary - the promoter of ESoDoc - European Social Documentary - has always been particularly attentive in its activities concerning the environment.
ZeLIG is committed to being environmentally aware, and actively implements practices that reduce our company’s environmental impact and continually improve our environmental performance. To fully identify and enforce these practices in our activities, we collaborate closely with a Green Consultant.
ESoDoc core activities include the organization of online and residential workshops.
RESIDENTIAL SESSIONS POLICY
In our residential sessions, we promote a conscious approach toward the environmental impact of our activities.
In this regard, we will:
- Reduce the consumption of meat served at the meals (maximum 2 per week)
- Negotiate with the hotels menus that favour local and seasonal products and short production cycles "from field to fork"
- Agree with hotels and caterers to avoid plastic at any cost, providing reusable cutlery, glasses and dishes instead
- Favour tap water over bottled water, whenever possible
- Separate and recycle any material used at our workshop according to the local regulations
- Use locally sourced technical materials to avoid shipping
- Avoid any printing of catalogues, badges and other course materials in favour of digital resources
ESoDoc objectives are to promote the exchange of knowledge, make co-creative processes over transnational borders possible thus fostering international collaboration, support the creation of an international network and make international co-productions possible.
Travelling is our main source of CO2 emissions. At the same time, travelling is an essential need for our training activities, since the residential sessions are a core part of our didactic concept. We will always evaluate if meetings can be done online.
In order to reduce our environmental impact within this framework, ESoDoc is committed to:
- Reduce travels - in particular by plane: travels will be done only when strictly necessary. We will prioritize online meetings over short one-off travels
- Travels by train will be prioritised over the plane for the staff to any destination that can be reached within 10 hours
- When booking travels for the experts, we will warmly invite them to consider trains to reach the workshop destination. In the same manner, we will encourage our participants to embrace the same policy, favouring trains over flights to reach the workshop venue
- Planes will be used only when strictly necessary
- For local transport: we will always look for hotels that can also provide the necessary spaces to carry out our training activities or where seminar locations are within walking distance
DAILY OFFICE PRACTICES
We implement environmentally aware practices in our daily activities as well. Among these:
- We avoid unnecessary printing in our offices
- Whenever suitable we use collaborative digital tools for any of our activities
- We avoid any plastic bottles and other single-use materials
- We turn off or unplug (not left on standby) any office equipment if not strictly necessary
- We supply electricity from energy providers that use renewable sources