START BY CREATING YOUR OWN APPLICATION FORM
This process will create your personalized application form, which will allow you to fill the form in various times.
- go to the "Form Generator" at this link: https://form.jotform.com/93172625642963
- fill out the form and click submit
- you will receive an email with a personalized link to your own application form
- bookmark that link or save the email to retrieve it later
MATERIALS TO BE UPLOADED
To complete the application form you will be asked to answer a series of questions directly in the application form, AND will be requested to upload the following materials:
- Curriculum vitae (in pdf, max. 2 pages)
- Link to video presentation
- Link to samples of previous professional work
- 2-pager Project Proposal
- Link to ORIGINAL visual materials
- Latest Tax Return or equivalent official document (only if you want to apply for the scholarship)
Additionally, the commission might request to have an online meeting with you during the selection process. In this case we will contact you to set up the meeting.
GUIDELINES FOR SUBMITTING YOUR APPLICATION
Please read our FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions! There you might find most of the answers to your questions!
Incomplete applications or forms NOT submitted within the due date will be automatically ineligible for entry.
All mandatory fields in the form are marked with * and they need to be filled in.
For fields marked with a prescribed word or size limit, exceeding the limit would not allow submission of the form.
File format and naming: all documents to be attached (CV, project proposal, tax return, etc.) must be in PDF format. Please kindly insert your surname also in the file name followed by the document name (i.e. smith-cv.pdf, smith-proposal).
CV AND SHORT PROFESSIONAL PROFILE
The CV in pdf must be no longer than 2 pages. If you have a long filmography/work experience list, please reduce it to a reasonable number of valuable references.
In the application form you'll be asked to insert a Short Professional Profile. It should not be a "copy & paste" of your CV or your filmography. Please write here a brief text about your professional career.
PLEASE NOTE: in case of selection, we will use this text for different purposes, such as the ESoDoc’s webpage, the preparation of the didactic material, communication to the trainers, etc.
In this short video (maximum 3 minutes) you should briefly introduce yourself and answer the following questions:
- briefly introduce yourself
- tell us one or two concrete examples of what kind of professional improvement you expect to achieve by participating in ESoDoc
- tell us what intrigues you or scares you most about today’s audiovisual industry AND where do you see yourself professionally in 5 years
- briefly tell us one difficult situation in a team work / co-creative environment and how you did (or did not) overcome it
PLEASE NOTE: for this video the "style" and the quality are not important. You can do it with the webcam of your computer, with a mobile phone or anything else. What is important, is that you introduce yourself to the commissioners clearly and that you answer openly and sincerely to the other questions.
SAMPLE OF PREVIOUS PROFESSIONAL WORK
You can submit 1 sample of a previous work you've been working on. We accept any media: it can be a film, a cross-media project, a photo-story, a game, etc. In any case, it must be submitted digitally. No physical copy will be accepted. If you are submitting a film, kindly submit the whole film, not just excerpts or the trailer. If you have several examples you want to submit, please choose one, the one that best represents your work in order to take part in ESoDoc.
DO NOT use any service which keeps your files available only for a limited time (such as WeTransfer). We prefer to have the file available online through services like Youtube or Vimeo. Both services have privacy settings that allow you to share your videos securely and privately (Youtube: please select the "unlisted" option, NOT the "private" option - Vimeo offers to protect your videos with a password). Other file-sharing services (i.e. Sync, Dropbox, Google Drive, SkyDrive, Box.com, etc.) are accepted, but the file must be kept online until the end of the first session.
The project proposal is composed of various elements. In this section you'll be asked to insert or address the following:
- issue/context: please describe the background (social / political / environmental / human rights) of your project
- logline (max 250 characters)
- synopsis / story outline: please describe the story of the project (not the issue / context)
- style / cinematic approach: please briefly describe the form(s) and style(s) in which your story could be best told. For whom? And why these?
- character description: please describe the main protagonist(s), your relationship and your way of working with them
- audience: please describe your target audience and your expected impact
- development stage / partnerships: please give us more concrete information about the current status of your project and your future plans, describe also your access to the topic and your partnerhsips (if any)
- platforms / formats: you will be asked to imagine your project also on a different platform or in a different format than what you planned
- motivation / expectation: please tell us why you want to make this project and in which way you expect your project to benefit from the development it will be undergoing at ESoDoc
- a 2-pager (in pdf)
Your project proposal must be well researched and accompanied by your own original visual materials. These materials must give the commission the possibility to evaluate if it is a solid base to actively participate in the co-creative development process of ESoDoc.
While a teaser of your project is perfectly fine, we would prefer to have also longer scenes (raw, unedited, unpolished, up to 15 minutes). You can send up to 3 different materials.
This document must be submitted only if you are applying for a scholarship. Tax returns have different names and forms in every country, and it is impossible for us to indicate exactly what is the corresponding document in your country. What we need, is an official document issued by your State certifying your latest income. No "self-certification" will be accepted. If you are unemployed, please provide the necessary documents to prove your position. If you are still living with your parents, please provide their tax returns. Please note: this document is mandatory to be eligible for the scholarship, and no other document will be taken into consideration.
We choose 18 participants on the basis of interest and attitudes towards social issues, level of technical and social skills, willingness and motivation to learn.
The selection is based on the following main elements of analysis:
- sensibility to social issues
- professional competences and social skills
- attitude to team-work
- interest in innovation, cross-thinking and strategic vision
- orientation and attitude towards the audience
- motivation and willingness to change
- professional quality and working experience
Our selection will take into account the balance of gender and countries in order to draft the final list of participants.